Friday, July 24, 2015

Thank you City of Asylum for sending me a book. And please send more books. #Cuba #Fiction

I asked City of Asylum to send me a book. And they actually did. It's this one and its published through what I assume is their publishing imprint of Sampsonia Way. City of Asylum, by the way, is one of the best things about my city. I will try to pay them a visit on one of their jazz nights. City of Asylum combines art with a really kind of fearless politics.  Here's their great website and here's the cover of the book they gave me.


I hope they send me many more even though I believe in the Cuban revolution. I just don't think they could have replaced the old regime by nonviolent means. I just wish the Castros would emulate the Sandinistas and just become a party, especially a party that could lose sometimes. But I look foward to reading these stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment