Saturday, July 25, 2015

#blackatheism #atheism Talented Black Atheist Writer Sikivu Hutchinson has a new book trailer for her novel about the Jonestown People's Temple massacre.

I'm looking for book trailers put out by black writers. And they're hard to find. I'm guessing Walter Mosley has a few. That will be my next stop. And just doing a search on Youtube I found this. It looks like Sikivu Hutchinson, the very impressive black atheist writer, has written a novel called "White Nights, Black Paradise". This is something that I wish the better atheist writers would do in that narrative tells a much better story sometimes than facts in essays. I've openly asked Sam Harris to try his hand at writing an atheist version of "The Handmaid's Tale". But I suppose that's still an open request that hasn't been filled. I'm also looking for books by black atheists to review, other than Richard Wright who wasn't much of a believer if I recall. Ta Nehisi Coates just came out as an Atheist so there's that. Hutchinson atheism writings seem to lean on the Four Horsemen (Dawkins, Hitchens,Harris and Dennett) are kind of mean, which is true for many of them. I don't know if I agree with her assessment but she's talented and I look forward to anything that she's written.

It seems to be an argument, a fictional argument but those can be powerful, that seems to be sympathetic as to why so many black people were taken in by Jim Jones. I'm certain that it will be well written. I've yet to read an inelegant word by her.

No comments:

Post a Comment